Information Collection and Use
- This policy covers how Sonny’s Marine treats personal information that Sonny’s Marine collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Sonny’s Marine products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Sonny’s Marine does not own or control or to people that Sonny’s Marine does not employ or manage. In addition, certain Sonny’s Marine associated companies such as Shoalwater Boats and Alweld may have their own privacy.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Sonny’s Marine collects personal information when you use Sonny’s Marine products or services. Sonny’s Marine may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we might also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. When you register with Sonny’s Marine and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Sonny’s Marine collects information about your transactions with us including information about your use of products and services that we offer.
- Sonny’s Marine uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Confidentiality and Security
- Sonny’s Marine does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Sonny’s Marine under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Sonny’s Marine communicate with you about offers from Sonny’s Marine and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Sonny’s Marine displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Sonny’s Marine does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Sonny’s Marine advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- Sonny’s Marine works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Sonny’s Marine may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address you have specified or by placing a prominent notice on our site.